Autism Spectrum Disorders in the European Union (ASDEU)
Autism Spectrum Disorders in Europe is a new, trans-European programme involving university, charities and expert institutions to increase understanding of autism.
This website will grow into a unique resource as findings are published and news exchanged. For now, the project has only just started, but sign up for our newsletter to be updated as the programme develops.
The programme will:
– Study the prevalence of autism in 12 countries
– Analyse the economic and social costs of autism
– Develop proposals for early detection programmes
– Validate biomarkers for the disorder
– Train professionals
– Improve understanding of diagnosis, comorbidity and effective care and support for adults and senior citizens with autism
– Propose policies to promote harmonised support for people with ASD across member states